Nothing says Happy New Year like setting some goals. In this case, they’re all of a crafty nature thanks to falling down the rabbit hole of #makenine2019 last week.
Not in any particular order, here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish over the next 12 months:
- Another log cabin blanket, this time using Knitted Wit’s Harry Potter-inspired yarn. I’ve got a complete set of 63 mini skeins plus six full-size skeins of Fingering in Prussian Blue — this is definitely going to be a long-term project.
- The Leaves of Grass shawl. I’ve had this listed as Number 1 in my Ravelry queue for ages but couldn’t seem to find the right yarn. I’ve now got a gorgeous merino/silk from Knitted Wit tucked away for this shawl and I can’t wait to knit this.
- Welcome to Pumpkinville. I haven’t done a lot of cross stitching in the past year but I’m super excited to get back into it with this year-long stitch-along.
- Cookies for Santa. Another cross stitch kit, but this time it’s only four adorable Christmas ornaments — totally doable, I think!
- Sewing for me! While I like sewing for Adam and Leah, I never seem to get around to making things for me — but that’s about to change. I bought a few patterns from 100 Acts of Sewing and I’m really looking forward to starting with Dress No. 1 and maybe I’ll start making a dent in my fabric stash.
- The Evenstar shawl. I have the yarn for this already picked out and now I need to find the perfect beads for it: 3,000 of them!
- The What The Fade?! shawl. I have a gorgeous fade kit from Tamiwi Colors and the skeins just need to be wound.
- The Quilted Tree Skirt. My Christmas tree is feeling kind of naked without a skirt of its own so it’s high time I made one.
- Full-Size Quilt. A few months ago, on a whim, I bought a kit from Chicken Boots as a post-gift-making easy-to-sew treat for myself. So I guess now I’d better get to it!
Beyond these nine goals, I’m also looking to knit about two dozen pairs of socks this year and at least one cardigan. I figure a few other shawls will sneak onto my needles as well, along with countless hats and pairs of mittens.
For the second year, I’m the knitalong hostess for Knitted Wit’s HerStory Sock Club, so today I cast on for a new pair of socks in this super bright amazing colourway inspired by Beyoncé. So far, they are everything I want in a pair of socks.
So that’s how I’m hoping to see this year shape up crafting-wise. I hope that having some goals will help me focus my efforts and stretch my skills, all while resulting in a lot of me-made items.